Monday, March 13, 2006

Blink and You'll Miss the White People Dancing

Last night, a girl friend asked me to go to the Blink 182 show. And, of course, I was like, "Ya sure! I've been into those guys since, like, January!"
The show was at 9, but she came by early-ish, so we could go dancing first.

We went down to the Local Yacht Club, one of the most exclusive clubs in town. But, I have to say, we were kind of bored. Nobody was dancing or anything...until somebody put on Journey...then Bon Jovi. And, as we found out, nothing gets middle-aged men dancing (and singing in muted shouts) like Jovi and Journey.

Right about then though, the bomb dropped. We started talking men. My friend ran into my old flame the other day. And she thinks he's cute (gag!) I was instantly upset. I hate to admit it, but that boy affects my mood faster than the fruit punch at a rave party.
So I told her the type of woman he goes for is like a stale danish: They look delicious, but they're dry and flaky on the inside.

"Really? Well I think he's kind of dumb anyway," she said.
"Ya, he's a real 'mouth-breather'," I responded.

We never made it to the show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home